Position: Senior Design Manager
Location: Flexible (Site based)
Package: Up to £85,000 + package
Are you an experienced, ambitious manager looking to work for a known main contractor? Can you lead a team and make a difference? Would high end residential work be something you would be interested in?
A partner client of mine is looking for a Senior Design Manager to join their team in a project of theirs based in North London. This is a project to build a high end care home with swimming pool included. The project is has not yet started on site therefore the Senior Design Manager will be joining at pre construction stage.
For you to be successful, you need to
- Be an ambitious person looking to grow the team and capable of this project
- Have experience working with high end projects
- Has experience working for a main contractor (candidates with experience with developers will also be considered for the role)
- Have managed projects from conception to completion
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Design Director
- Managing a team of 4-6 people
- Check all drawings and details for accuracy and correctness
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met.
- Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the constructions process.
- Ensure that new regulation and legislation requirements are followed
- Ability to recognise potential issues and implement strategies or overcome them
- Ensures company standard of service and delivers on time
- Advise on the first stage of build design and coordinate works through to handover to the delivery teams
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, consultants and contractors
- Develop the pre-construction programme
- Hold and attend management meetings
Would you be the best candidate for this role? Apply now!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.