A leading social gaming company are looking to expand their data science team due to growing demand for data science services, and therefore seek an experienced data scientist.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Python and SQL coding, ideally coupled with experience in statistical/mathematical modelling. You will be exposed to machine learning projects and supported in developing this skill set, although prior experience in these areas isn’t a prerequisite.
You will be leading a team of 4-6 data scientists on several projects, from acting as the technical lead for these projects to having the ability to understand the problems and issues the games and business want to solve, then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead the right recommendations and decisions.
- Salary up to 80,000
- A leading social gaming company
- A wide range of data science engagements, including machine learning, statistical/mathematical modelling and predictive analytics etc
- Participate in "deep-dive" research projects, such as detailed product analysis, customer segmentation, lifetime value analysis etc
- Provide data insights for product management and marketing decision making
- Designing and implementing new data products
- Develop an analyse strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB-tests
- Design and implement cutting-edge algorithms, building models and analysing large datasets
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required (Maths, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics etc.)
- Strong SQL
- Experience coding in Python (PyData stack) or other programming languages
- Experience with any BI tool is a plus
- Highly analytical and structured thinking
- 3+ years’ work experience; PhD is a plus!
- Demonstrable interest in Data Science, Big Data, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics
- Analytics: Python (pandas, scikit-learn, pymc3, statsmodels, bokeh, mpl), SQL, Jupyter notebooks
- Big Data: AWS Redshift, Apache Spark, S3
- ETL: python, SQL, Spark, Scala, MongoDB
- Data viz: D3.js, re:dash, Tableau, bokeh
- Data Analysis
- Statistical Modeling