Senior Corporate Security Officer
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced corporate security professional who is looking for a rewarding career working at our client’s premises who is a major media company in West London, Chiswick Park W4.
A highly professional and experienced Security officer who takes pride in his work with outstanding customer service skills. Experience in a similar corporate role is required and you must be presentable with excellent communication skills. You must be adaptable, proactive and strive for excellence in your everyday working life.
Role: SENIOR CORPORATE SECURITY OFFICER
Reports to: Team Leader/ Site Operations Manager
Location: Site-based, London W4
Rate: £10.55 (after 3 months of probation at £10.20), annual approx. £30 -33k
Employer: Direct Employer
Employment Type: Full- time, this includes 4 weeks of days and 2 weeks of nights, some weekends. (48-60hrs a week, 7 am- 7 pm, 12 hrs shifts)
Objective: Providing 24-hour security services within a site rota pattern, The role of every Officer is to protect people, property and reputation of our Customer through the delivery of effective Security Services. An Officer must always be smartly dressed, wearing the correct uniform, SIA and Identity Badges. An Officer must always convey a professional image that promotes confidence in security with our customers, members of the public and presents Alpha Securityfavourably. An Officer must always follow the site Assignment Instructions, Risk Assessments and relevant documented Standards Operating Procedures to ensure a safe and secure environment, deter crime and prevent all forms of loss. Officers must be flexible to our Customer needs and demonstrate our Core Values (Respect, Care, Initiative, Expertise) at all times whilst on duty and representing Alpha Security.
• Arrive on-site or start of Assignment duty on time, book on correctly and make required check calls.
• Utilise the relevant security systems, tools, equipment to deliver innovation and the highest standards.
• To understand the needs of our customer, respond accordingly and take appropriate action.
• Report and escalate incidents in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner to the Control Room/ Operations Manager/ Team Leader/ Customer and Emergency Services as appropriate for serious incidents.
• Respond to all emergencies and alarms situations (fire, flood, burglary, theft, bomb threat, building evacuation), responding proactively in accordance with agreed procedures.
• Support customer site procedures, in particular, Health and safety and Fire evacuation procedures.
• Liaise with external authorities/emergency services in a professional manner.
• Offer solutions to any security-related incident in order to reduce potential risks.
• Share best practices with other Officers to improve the performance of the Security Team.
• Complete all relevant administration, reports, data input and analysis.
• Communicate courteously with internal and external customers, building positive relationships.
• Respond to and investigate issues and queries in a sensitive and professional manner.
• Complete information gathering and evidence retrieval in a confidential and professional manner.
• Monitoring and effective use of site Access Control systems/Keys/ Key Registers/ Safes/ Intruder Alarm systems/ CCTV systems.
• Complete patrols to identify security risks across the entire site. This includes all windows, doors, stairs, access points, barriers, external areas, goods inwards, car parks, offices and secured areas.
• Deter potentially threatening situations through risk assessment, resolving conflict and diffusing the threat.
• Manage car park pedestrian safety and vehicle security and flow, as required by the customer.
• Complete any relevant value-added duties agreed with the Customer.
Skills & Requirements
• Relevant valid SIA license
A minimum of 2-year corporate security experience
• Excellent Customer Service.
• Punctual, reliable, trustworthy.
• Ability to stay calm under pressure and manage emergencies.
• Strong command of the English language with excellent communication skills.
• Literate, numerate with strong writing and reporting skills.
• Basic computer/ IT skills.
• Ability to operate alarm/ CCTV/ Access Control/ Security electronic systems.
• Ability to analyse data and reports and make informed decisions.
• Good understanding of the SIA and relevant legislation (Criminal, Data Protection, Human Rights)
• First Aid At Work Certificate (if applicable)
What we can offer you :
Pay: London Living Wage £10.55 per hour,(after the probation period at £10.20) circa £30-33K per annum (on average 48-60 hrs a week on rotation)
Progression opportunity to the Site Supervisor’s Level (£11.00)
Auto-enrolment into Pension Scheme (NEST)
Training and development.
Emotional support at work, via Croner
20 days plus 8 bank holidays of paid holiday per annum
Double pay when working during bank holiday hours.
Note: there are no parking facilities for the staff at the premises, you will be accepted to rely on public transport
Due to the volume of applications that we receive we are not able to feedback individually to each candidate. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for the advert then please assume that in this instance
- Customer Service
- Always Punctual
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'