Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
The Residential Controls business within the Schneider Electric group is a global provider of devices used to control heating, hot water, humidity and cooling in domestic and small commercial installations and is expanding into the world of Smart Products. The business is investing heavily in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. In particular, it is creating an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Most of the product range is manufactured at facilities in Plymouth, UK under the Drayton brand and in Nuremberg, Germany as Eberle Controls. You may have some of our products in your home!
Our facility is based in Plymouth UK by the coast and on the border of the beautiful counties of Devon and Cornwall.
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Controls / Test Engineer to make a difference by being involved in the development and delivery of new technologies and practices within a future focused global manufacturing company.
To support this activity, we are looking for an experienced Controls/Test engineer who will work with engineering and production teams as well as external test equipment suppliers to develop, procure and implement efficient and reliable testing solutions. You will need to achieve the highest standards of quality, whilst eliminating waste and increasing productivity. Ours is a busy and fast passed environment and we will look to you to think on your feet, work collaboratively and have confidence in your decisions. Key responsibilities include;
- Working closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and a team of established professional experienced engineers you will support all aspects of the NPI process from Design reviews, DFMEA, PFMEA through to a full production line deployment.
- The role will involve development of new and existing production lines where you will plan, design, set-up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes.
- You will have the ability to design and deliver the right first time approach for assembly systems ranging from simple manual flow systems to full automation.
- Where automation is used you will be working with machine builders closely throughout the project to ensure that the specification is delivered against.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. You will need to be open to developing and being challenged. We are looking for you to be team orientated, versatile, open minded and autonomous.
See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
To succeed in the role you will need experience of developing and procuring automated testing solutions in an industrial manufacturing environment. You will need a broad understanding of coding languages including C, C++, Visual basic and Labview. You will also need experience in databasing using Sequel Server (SQL) and a background in electrical or electronic engineering and testing coupled with an awareness of the mechanical manufacturing process.
In addition you will need a sounds understanding of;
- Mechanical technical drawings.
- Automations / Controls Systems and Test Software Platforms
- Ergonomics / Health and safety, and an awareness of overall behavioural standards and compliance in the work place.
- 3D CAD modelling in Solid Edge or SolidWorks and automation