This is a relocation role to Saudi Arabia with exceptional benefits:
Tax-free salary, 35 days' annual leave, shared use of a car, free accomodation within a British complex, paid utilities, use of swimming pool and cinema plus three free flights back home each year.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE AND FUNCTIONS
- Reporting to the Head of Commercial, take an active role in leading and developing the Commercial Department and be accountable for effective delivery of Commercial (customer facing) and Procurement services to all operational functions, in order to exceed the expectations of the team.
- Be a key member of the Management Team and be the deputy, with full delegated authority, for the Head of Commercial in their absence, including Line Management responsibility for Immediate Subordinates.
- Contribute to Corporate, Managed Services and Projects Contract Reviews as required.
- Manage customer facing processes, for multiple requirements, in accordance with the policies and strategies, and always in accordance with the Head Contract/s.
- Engage with and manage the customers’ expectations and requirements in any situation where the client is suggested as, or actually in, in default of the contract obligations, or where the company is likely to become in default of the contract obligations and in such cases make recommendations and put into place such actions as necessary to mitigate the effect on the company and secure performance improvement.
- Manage supplier & sub-contractor facing procedures in accordance with the policies and strategies, and always in accordance with the Head Contract/s & sub-contracts.
- Engage with and manage suppliers and sub-contractors where they are in default, or are likely to become in default, of their contract obligations and in such cases make recommendations and put into place such actions as necessary to mitigate the effect on the company and secure performance improvement.
- Assist the Head of Commercial in providing the business with its required infrastructure, capital and estate through the execution of procurement arrangements with various suppliers and partners.
- Assist the Head of Commercial with implementing all insurance obligations (legally required or otherwise), and those required to underpin contractual obligations
- Always act in the best interests of the company to secure completion of contract documentation, progress of commercial activities and adherence to the obligations of the Head Contract/s.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Commercial Manager will have functional responsibility for Commercial Managers who will:
- Manage all commercial customer facing contractual matters during the bid and delivery phase.
- Provide guidance, support and advice to the project teams to enable them to adhere to head contract obligations, company processes and procedures, including phase reviews and tender vetting.
- Be responsible for ensuring that commercial/contractual risks are reported, managed and mitigated with risk assessments performed as required.
- Monitor and manage the commercial and contractual performance of suppliers/sub-contractors including implementing actions to secure performance improvement and/or apply contractual remedies as required.
- Create and maintain co-operative working relationships with the team.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating and supporting new business opportunities, and in defining and implementing policy and future strategy.
- Execute Non-Disclosure Agreements, MOUs and other agreements as required.
- Execute and manage the full suite of insurance policies.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS (Internal/External/Meetings):
The Senior Commercial Manager is an important representational role. The post-holder will be expected to manage effective business relationships with a wide stakeholder group including senior officers and the team, together with supporting the Head of Commercial and the Commercial Director in interfacing with strategic industry partners and its Parent Company.
JUDGEMENT/DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY (Specific Responsibilities):
- Empowered to commit the company within appropriate delegated financial limits.
- Establish and negotiate commercial terms for all new packages of work let by the team.
- Advise on contractual changes to the Head Contract/s that may become necessary or advantageous as a result of new packages of work or any other development
RECRUITMENT SPECIFICATION (Knowledge & Experience):
- Pre-contract (Tender/Bid) / Post-contract management / commercial management / subcontractor management / procurement experience in a Construction/Civils environment, IT / Telecoms’ experience would be advantageous but not essential, all inside an ISO9000 framework.
- Excellent understanding of contractual terms relating to CAPEX and OPEX investment or sales.
- Excellent negotiation and contract management skills
- Extensive experience of drafting contract terms
- Experienced in managing the commercial aspects of high value, high complexity projects
- Experienced in managing a team of commercial professionals
**APPLICANTS MUST HOLD A VALID UK PASSPORT AND/OR SHOW ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM**
Job Type: Full-time
- Bid Preparation
- Commercial Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job