Senior Care Assistant - Nights
Fornham House, Fornham St Martin, Bury St Edmunds
Full Time positions, working on our Night Shifts (8pm-8am)
Fornham House, Fornham St.Martin, Bury St.Edmunds are recruiting for Senior Care Assistant's to join their team. The main responsibility of this role is to supervise and assist care assistants in providing personal care to the residents and attend to their daily needs.
Key responsibilities of a Senior Care Assistant;
- Ensure that a high standard of care is delivered to residents by recognising and facilitating their daily needs.
- Administer medicines as required in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote and encourage all staff to provide residents with privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Assist in building relationships between staff and residents.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working within an elderly care home environment.
- Understand care planning processes and experience of writing care plans.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable but an opportunity to undertake this will be available.
- Full Time positions available
- Working on our Night shifts (8pm-8am)
- Shifts will be on a rota basis and will include some weekends
- £9.00 per hour
Healthcare Homes provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. For more information about our care homes and homecare please visit .
The successful Senior Care Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job