The Care Home is a stunning, 22 bed character property specialising in caring for those with Dementia and your role as a Senior Care Assistant will be to assist in all aspects of care for the residents, making sure they retain their dignity and individuality and ensuring they remain comfortable at all times. You will be required to support and care for the residents to a very high standard. This will include personal care such as dressing, undressing, toileting, feeding and all other daily duties.
As the Senior Care Assistant, your duties will be as below:
• Leading the shifts
• Administering medication to residents
• Signing reports and updating care plans
• Suggesting new ways of working for the home
• Ensuring a smooth running of day to day activity
• Play a role in the Senior Management Team
• Taking it in turns to be on call for the home should sickness / problems occur - note there is a payment per day for this
We are looking for a Senior Care Assistant with:
• A genuine desire to help people.
• The ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Tact and sensitivity.
• A respectful approach to all residents.
• Reliability and flexibility.
The successful candidate will be NVQ 2 qualified in Health and Social Care and even better if you have NVQ 3 or are currently working towards this alongisde previous experience of administering medication. The role holds a competitive salary.
Hours of work for the Senior Care Assistant are between 7:00am and 21:30pm Monday to Sunday, this is a full time role and you would be rota'd on to do around 40 hours per week. Usually shifts are split with an early being 7:00am-14:30pm and a late being 13:00-21:30pm.
Previous experience is essential and all posts are subject to you holding a valid DBS certificate, NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care and satisfactory references.
If you would like to know more, please feel free to give Wizard Recruitment a call on: 01480-217832, and speak to Zack.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job