We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Senior Care and Support Assistant – Part Time
Shaftesbury Place, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
£9.36 per hour (rising to £9.85 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
32 hours per week
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs
We are seeking a Senior Care and Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Shaftesbury Place is a home for 19 adults with physical and learning disabilities. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Click here to find out more about Shaftesbury Place
The role of Senior Care & Support Assistant will include:
- Leading a team of Care and Support Assistants
- Providing personal care and supporting clients in maximising their independence and personal potential
- Promoting safe practices and undertaking risk assessments
- Managing/implementing safeguarding principles to ensure the safety of our clients
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers
Skills and experiences:
- Person-centered approach with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form positive relationships with people from varied backgrounds
- Recent experience of working in a similar role with vulnerable people
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Previous experience supervising a team
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- NVQ 2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
Please click here to view the full job profile
Closing Date: 18 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.