Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst - Sheffield - 6 Months
The role location is in Sheffield (remote working for now).
The pay rate on offer is £670 Umbrella or £525 PAYE.
Global Transformation Senior Business Analysts shape and lead initiation activities and operating model definition and are at the centre of how Global Transformation delivers and embeds change working with our delivery partners. Primarily, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing the analysis activity within one or more of the priority programmes. They will lead multi skilled teams responsible for the Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities during project delivery. Senior Business Analysts often act as experts across multiple projects and programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their approach to Requirements Management and other analysis activity.
Alongside project delivery responsibilities, the Senior Business Analyst will be a member of the Global Transformation management team and may have responsibility for a pool of Business Analysts being accountable for people management, performance management, resource management and professional development. They work closely with the Project Management Office Delivery directors and Practice Head to ensure analyst resources are utilised effectively and resource supply meets upcoming project demand.
- Anticipates and manages stakeholder expectations, fostering open and honest communication; resolves stakeholder conflict and represents the interests of other stakeholders
- Identifies and analyses complex problems involving the wider team; generates feasible and creative solutions considering all aspects and consequences; leads brainstorming meetings to discuss and/or resolve problems
- Questions current state and facilitates stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement
- Uses understanding of the Group's strategy, strengths, weaknesses and the external marketplace, to inform business decisions and create competitive advantage
- Understands different mind-sets and analyses options to develop implementable solutions
- Exhibits high energy, understands issues within team and galvanises others to achieve goals
- Gains a clear understanding of others' point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are involved
- Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
- Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external partners
- Often acts as an expert across multiple projects or programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their requirements gathering, design, change or implementation approach. May conduct one off business research and analysis tasks related to programme or project scope.
Key experience and knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Global Transformation Change Frameworks, Agile methodologies and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Re-engineering knowledge
- Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, Operations and technology focused projects
- Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
- Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and sponsors
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'