Showing the way in the exciting world of media research
Senior Broadcast Engineer
You will be responsible for all the daily operation requirements of the cross media panel service, these being the responsibility over managing the set up and correct on-going functioning of the 'Broadcasting Reference sites’.
At Kantar Media we are proud to be a core supplier to BARB of the official TV viewing data for all the broadcast channels in the UK. We are responsible for the measurement of the number of people watching television in the UK. Our technology is used to conduct media audience measurement across the world. Broadcasters use audience ratings to evaluate the success of programmes and to devise future programming schedules. Our information is also used by commercial TV stations, advertising agencies and advertisers to negotiate prices for commercial airtime and to plan TV advertising campaigns. This is an exciting time for the BARB service as it evolves to measure TV viewing on PCs and portable devices and moves to leverage the opportunities created by the availability of new datasets.
In this increasingly fragmented media landscape, we provide our client with the audience measurement tools to remain fully informed in today’s world - and prepared for tomorrow’s.
Leading the way in the exciting world of media research, we provide the most accurate and comprehensive intelligence on media consumption, performance and value. At Kantar Media we power media choices. Our insight, expertise and best in class data and services help clients to measure, monitor and select the most effective media. Join us and you’ll be part of 30,000 colleagues and 12 world leading research, data and insight brands at Kantar. At the heart of WPP, our unique consumer insight inspires clients to flourish in an extraordinary world.
At Kantar we use our unique understanding of consumers to provide organisations around the globe with the insight they need to build stronger customer connections.12 world leading research, data and insight brands at the heart of WPP, we provide inspirational consultancy services. Our 30,000 colleagues help our clients create and flourish in an extraordinary world.
• Maintain blue print diagrams for reference site cabling and systems architecture.
• Configure and maintain production servers running on LINUX.
• Configure and Install Audio Watermarking Equipment in Broadcast chains.
• Responsible for all nature of cabling work needed at the reference sites.
• Manage technologies and systems used to collect audio reference data.
• Check the correctness of the references collected.
• Take responsibility for the quality of the audio reference data.
• You will have a degree in Electronics, Broadcasting or related field.
• Demonstrable experience in broadcast engineering which includes system design, equipment, repair and installation. You will also have experience in setting up and maintaining large server rooms.
• You will be knowledgeable of broadcast rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of principles of digital and analog communication systems.
• Knowledge of the usage, design, repair, maintenance, and installation of technical broadcast equipment.
• Familiarity with all types of channel referencing hardware.
• Skill in responding to operational/technical equipment problems.
• Linux and Unix software skills.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. For a career that is out of the ordinary, please, apply now.