Senior Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper
Based in WITHAM, ESSEX
Salary up to £28,000 depending on experience - Flexible working hours to suit
Our client is a highly successful and growing business, they are the UK’s most forward-thinking Water Treatment Company offering a full range of services for the built environment. Specialising in environmental services that provide ventilation, water hygiene and mechanical services to the maintenance industry throughout the UK.
They are well regarded within their Industry and have years of experience, they work with large and significant contractors from all over the UK.
This is a rapidly growing sector and our client needs help to support their business expansion plans. They require the appointment of an experienced Senior Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper, who will be responsible for the day to day management of accounts and for business improvements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accounts up to trial balance
- Credit Control
- Payroll Reconciliation
- Bank Reconciliation
- Credit Card Reconciliation
- VAT Returns
- Posting transactions for Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Reconciling Supplier Statements
- Supplier payments
- Managing CIS payments and retentions
- Assisting the Offsite Accountant with any queries for month end.
To be successful in this role you:
- Will be an accounts generalist and have experience in purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and returns
- Be a competent user of all MS Office packages plus SAGE or other accountancy software
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner
- Have an exceptional attention to detail, excellent organisation skills along with a methodical approach and be able to work independently
- Will be flexible and an approachable team player
- AAT Qualified or Qualified by experience (QBE)
Should you want to join this growing organisation, please contact Anna Maguire.
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.
- Accounts Assistant
- CIS returns
- AAT Qualified