Arthur Jackman Associates are working with a highly reputable Leicestershire based Company who through continued growth and expansion now have a requirement for a Senior Accounting Professional to join them.
You will form part of the Senior Management team reporting directly to the Managing Director.
You will need strong Financial & Commercial experience of the management of a finance function and pay mechanisms, coupled with a commercially focused mindset and a hands on approach.
Role: Senior Accountant
Salary: £Excellent Base Salary & Strong Benefits
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounting records;
- Management & Development of Assistant Accountant who deals mainly with Transactional Finance duties and Payroll for circa 150 staff
- Forecasting/reporting and key decision making.
- Develop the finance team when required, recruiting/training as required.
- Attend Senior Management meetings to discuss performance against budget and provide robust reporting of variances
- Corporation tax and VAT returns
- Reviewing general ledger
- Assist in the preparation and filing of statutory accounts, tax packs and tax computations
- Assist in the forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning processes;
- Approach the role commercially, focusing on strategic planning and areas to continue business growth. Involvement in new projects proposals
- Maintain & develop relationships with staff, banks, solicitors, insurers and other 3rd parties.
- Knowledge of working within a similar role
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Hands on in all aspects of day to day accounting
- Knowledge of managing & developing staff
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Strong communication skills - verbal & written
- Proven ability to add real value to an expanding company
- Excellent IT Skills - MS Office (Excel) and SAGE
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounts
- Management Skills
- Year End Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job