Are you looking to progress into a managerial role in the near future?
AJ Chambers are currently seeking a Senior Accountant on behalf of a leading accountancy practice based in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. This is an unmissable opportunity for an experienced and technically strong accountant to step up into a role which offers a high level of responsibility at a forward-thinking firm.
The ideal candidate will need to be experienced in a wide range of accountancy services and possess excellent managerial skills as the role is designed to lead into a Senior Manager position.
Working directly with the partners, the successful candidate will be preparing and reviewing statutory accounts, ensuring technical standards are high at all times.
- Statutory and management accounts production for various clients.
- Preparation of VAT returns for Sole Traders, Company and Partnerships.
- Preparation and leading of Audit projects
- Processing Journals and finalising accounts.
- Accurate data entry input and updating.
- Client liaison.
- Planning, prioritising, reviewing and allocation of all relevant client accounts preparation work ensuring effective team briefings and overall workflow.
- Planning scope and budget for each piece of work and briefing of team.
- Supervise junior team members and ensure all work is being completed in line with agreed budget and timeframe.
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Ability to plan and lead on Audit projects
- At least 5 years’ experience in an Accountancy Public Practice.
- IT competent and familiar with accounting systems.
- The ability to work autonomously and be flexible.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more please contact Max Evans at AJ Chambers.
- Accounts Production
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job