Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
Due to our continued growth, we’re looking to hire an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our Advertising Sales team. This position would be based out of our London office and would report to our Director of Ad Sales. As an integral member of the 10 person Ad Sales team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of Ad Revenue through the sale of ad inventory on our highest trafficked sites; Stack Overflow, Super User, and Server Fault, as well as 21 other tech-related Q&A sites. You’ll also leverage current relationships as well as build future relationships with a broad range of tech clients.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to incoming leads and prospect for new business
- Research clients’ needs and build strong proposals
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, and managing relationships
- Work closely with the Campaign Manager on account maintenance including campaign management, optimization, and customer service
- Develop lasting and profitable relationships with new and existing customers in order to maximize revenues for the company
What you should have:
- 3 to 5 years minimum of direct sales experience
- Rolodex of both agency and client-direct technology clients
- Friendly, ethical and honest
- Strong understanding of a consultative sales process with the ability to ask the right questions
- Understanding of the media sales landscape
- Media background preferred
Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work closely with and learn from the existing sales team
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling and relationship building
- Ability to research a clients’ needs and build strong proposals
- Account maintenance including campaign management, optimization, and customer service.
- Self-sufficient, but not afraid to ask questions when necessary
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary & uncapped commission
- Stock Option Plan
- Private healthcare and dental
- Great start-up office including a professional barista espresso machine, table-tennis table, games room, lunch area, etc.
- Gym membership reimbursement (Up to £100 per month)
- Free (awesomely delicious) catered lunch daily, as well as breakfast, fruit, drinks and snacks
- State-of-the-art workstation with huge monitor, ergonomic chair and height-adjustable desks
- A creative and fun environment where you are treated like an adult, and never poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
- Account Management
- Advertising Sales
- Business Development