BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Albyn Hospital in Aberdeen has a vacancy for a Senior 1 Physiotherapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Physiotherapist with vast postgraduate general Physiotherapy experience and relevant experience in a more specialist area.
- MSK experience
- Chartered Physiotherapist Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Attention to detail – ensure accurate recording of data
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Treatment of Sports Injuries/Acute Injuries
- Pilates – Level 1 minimum
- Post-operative management
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard.
- Ensuring excellent patient care is promoted within the hospital.
- To provide surgical pre-operative assessment for all patients working closely with the multi-disciplinary team.
- To provide clinical direction for other physiotherapy staff within the team.
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks.
- To manage a clinical caseload, to the highest standard in every aspect including assessment, treatment and documentation.
- To undertake other duties delegated by the Clinical Services Manager - Physiotherapy, and to deputise as required, managing the team in line with BMI Healthcare Policies and procedures.
All candidates must be motivated, flexible and willing to develop further. BMI Healthcare provides a post graduate training programme for all physiotherapy staff.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.