A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a committed and professional SENCO to cover temporary sickness in Newham
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE START
32.5 hrs per week, 8:00am - 3:00pm (Monday - Friday) term-time only. 45 mins lunch break.
Faculty: Learning Support
Teach students with complex needs in Learning Support.
- To teach mainstream classes as required.
- Work closely with the SEND and Learning Support teams.
- Qualified SENCo
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of working with students with SEN and complex needs.
- Up to date knowledge of the requirements of the national curriculum for KS3 and KS4.
- Understanding of safeguarding and in particular as it applies to students with SEND and complex needs; and willingness to follow Lister Community School's safeguarding policy and practices.
- Support for inclusive education.
- Awareness of the needs of schools in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Able to manage challenging situations.
- A thorough understanding of current developments and initiatives in SEN education and in particular with regard to the SEN Code of Practice.
- Highly effective oral, written and inter-personal skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Online DBS
- Able to strart immediately
If you think this SENCO role would be suited for you then apply today for immediate registration.