Five Education are looking for teaching assistants to work in a central Bristol secondary school on a supply basis from May. This is a high achieving school with a supportive staff. They are looking for bright, proactive Teaching Assistants to work with their students who have additional needs. The students needs include Autism, Complex Needs and SpLD (e.g. ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia).
Responsibilities and duties:
- Supporting students in a classroom and possibly around the school
- Assisting students in their work, helping them to remain focussed and on task
- Supporting children with SEND, including ASC and SpLD
- Helping the class teacher with differentiation so all students can access the curriculum
- Implementing behaviour management tools
- Helping students to develop self-regulation techniques, and learn when they need to employ them
- A flexible and resourceful approach
- You will be able to demonstrate positive reinforcement
- At least 12 months experience supporting children/ young people in an educational, care or coaching environment
- Ideally, you will have experience supporting children or young people with SEND
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
- Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes.
- Able to work 8.30-3.30 3-5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'