PK education are supporting a number of Primary, Secondary and SEN school's in Leicester in their search for a number of SEN Teaching Assistants.
Teaching Assistants are extremely respected and key to the overall learning and development of pupils. The positions would suit individuals who are seeking a challenging, professional, enjoyable, and rewarding experience.
We are currently recruiting for Teaching assistants. Some of our SEN Schools have students with disabilities of a nature that would involve assisting with personal care.This school caters for children aged 5-19 pupils that have complex needs including physical needs. Some roles start immediately and some for August.
You will have a varied and rewarding position within the School. Your job title will be SEN TA and your duties will include.
- One to One Support – Supporting Students with a variety of Special Education Needs.
- Working with students with ASD, MLD, PMLD.
- On occasions providing personal care for the students.
- Assistant Class Teacher with Behaviour Management.
- Liaising with Parents and Teachers regarding student progress.
- Working with Children aged 5 – 19 Years Old.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
• Level 3 qualification: Supporting Learning in Schools (or equivalent course).
• Or level 6 qualification: Childhood Studies degree (or equivalent course).
• Experience working with SEN students.
• Flexible and available for full time work.
• Current, valid DBS (update service).
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding policies.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• The ability to adapt quickly to a variety of situations.
• Caring attitude and a passion to contribute the learning and development of pupils.
• Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
• Able to apply behaviour policies effectively.
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive rates of pay from between £55-£70 per day
• 24/7 support and feedback from experienced education consultants.
• Exposure and networking opportunities with associated schools.
Working with Special Educational needs is a rewarding role for a person with a caring and compassionate attitude.
For any information and to apply please contact Rachael Watchorn Or Licia Turner or