SEN Teaching Assistant for Corbets Tey School - Upminster
Full Time (Term Time Only), Permanent and Cover Full or Part time SEN Teaching Assistant(s) Required
40 weeks per year, 30 hours per week
Grade 2: APTC 3 Point 14 or possibly Grade 3: APTC 4 Point 18 for an exceptional candidate with sustained experience of leading teaching and learning activities with a secure knowledge and experience of working with children with complex needs and Autism.
If you have experience with Autism/complex needs in a care setting your transferable skills may still be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant role.
This is an opportunity to be part of Corbets Tey's thriving team. This is a successful school with supportive governors and very special pupils. We are seeking to appoint SEN Teaching Assistants to support pupils (sometimes 1:1) in mixed-age specialist classes. A first aid qualification would be desirable but not essential. The school is firmly committed to the development of its staff and for the right candidate, would contribute to the financial support of progression through degree qualifications that complement the work of the school (eg: Education, Psychology, or Communication related subject).
An SEN Teaching Assistant at Corbets Tey School will have:
- Experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities
- A general understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum
- Secure knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with pupils with Complex Learning Needs
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with special needs children and developing skills to facilitate this
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Calm, controlled and effective communication and relate well to all children and adults within the school
- The ability to reflect on own behaviour to ensure teams are strong and working together to meet the needs of all pupils
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school
- Level 2 (GCSE) Qualifications in English and Maths
- An aptitude for understanding and/or working knowledge of specialist ICT software (Clicker 6, Communicate In Print, MS Office, 2 Simple, Active Inspire/Smartboard) to support pupil’s learning
- Be willing to develop a full working knowledge, understanding and adherence to relevant school polices, practice and procedures
An application form will be sent when applicant applies to this post.
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and safeguarding procedures and a full interview process.
Apex Education Training Ltd, are recruiting for and on behalf of Corbets Tey School.
- Special Needs
- Assistant Teaching
- Autism Spectrum Disorders