SEN Teaching Assistant: Stockport area
I am looking for a resilient Teaching Assistant for an SEN Primary School in the Stockport area. This school caters to children with Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties and Autism, so experience in this area is highly desirable.
This school has a carefully sculpted curriculum and learning environment, committed to meeting the individual needs of each child, and empowering them to be as independent as possible. I am seeking a TA who is committed to supporting the teaching staff and pupils both academically and in a wealth of extra curricular activities
- Supporting children with PMLD, SLD and Autism academically, socially and emotionally.
- Work with small groups and on a one to one basis
- Supporting pupils with complex medical and physical disabilities, including feeding procedures and low level medical procedures
- Supporting pupils with personal care where needed
- Assisting with and carrying out intervention techniques as per school policy (Team Teach)
- Supporting pupils by understanding their Individual Education Plan, their level of progress, and their communication systems.
Applicants that have taught in mainstream that have an interest in moving their career into SEN are very welcome to apply, If you would more information about this position, please email across a CV to or give me a call on