SEN Teaching Assistant - Shepton Mallet
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant with a passion for supporting young people with special educational needs, or, someone that is keen to get into this field?
Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant to join a specialist SEND school in the Taunton area.
The school are in need of an experienced TA to join them on a long-term basis to provide 1:1 and general support to their pupils. We are looking for individuals who have strong behaviour management skills and the ability to quickly establish and maintain positive relationships with pupils, effectively reengaging them within the classroom.
The successful applicant will be involved in supporting the delivery of the school's curriculum, in line with the school's individual policies. The main focus is to facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and promote positive and appropriate relationships with peers. The candidate will be involved in the delivery of numeracy, literacy, communication skills, topic-based project work, life skills, physical education, drama, music, art, craft, and therapies etc.
As a TA at the school, you will be working with students with a range of complex SEND including physical disabilities, Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs, behavioural difficulties, etc. So prior experience within this field is essential.
- Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
- Position: SEN Teaching Assistant
- Contract: long-term, temp-to-perm
- Hours: full-time, 8.30am - 3:30
- Start Date: ASAP
- Pay Rate: from £85-90 per day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be Team Teach trained - Prospero Teaching can offer this
- Experience working with students with Special Educational Needs (ideally in an SEN setting)
- Strong behaviour management skills and the capability to engage with students
- Resilient, charismatic and compassionate
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year - Prospero can provide this
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you want to make a difference, and this is of interest to you, please email an updated version of your CV to
- Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs
- Shepton Mallet
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'