Are you looking for a Teaching Assistant role in either Northampton or Northamptonshire?
Do you have experience working with children with Special needs?
Teaching Personnel is seeking to recruit experienced teaching assistants to work with children with SEN or to support either one-to-one or in small groups, mostly on a long-term basis to ensure continuity for pupils.
Special needs assistants help pupils with a wide range of learning, physical or behavioural difficulties. You will need to be patient but firm when necessary.
The role may include some of the following tasks:
- Helping with schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
- Encouraging children to be confident and independent
- Helping children understand instructions
- Encouraging children to communicate
- Preparing learning materials
- Supporting children during social activities and outings
- Helping children during therapy sessions
- Looking after children's physical needs
- Carrying out a child's care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- Keeping records in line with school policies
We are currently looking for candidates that have the experience of working with/knowledge of, one or more of the following:
- ASC, EBD, Dyslexia, MLD, PMLD or SpLD
- Behaviour management
- Education Therapy
One-to-one or small group support work
- Personal care
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.