Teaching Personnel are looking for Teachers with experience working within Special Educational Needs settings for a school that we are working on behalf of in the Sretton area (Burton). The school caters for children aged 11-19 who present with Sensory and/or physical needs Social, emotional and mental health difficulties Cognition and learning Communication and interaction.
This 'Good' school creates opportunities for creativity, enterprise and sporting excellence in addition to an emphasis on students' developing and applying core skills in English and Maths. They also study Personal Learning and Thinking Skills to encourage independence.
Students are working at a broad range of abilities including P levels and National Curriculum levels. In addition to this, pupils are given Individual Target Plans specific to their needs and abilities.
As well as more high functioning students, the school also has a Complex Needs class, where students with severe learning or complex learning pupils follow ASDAN TI/Personal Progress as their core curriculum with Functional Skills Literacy and Numeracy.
The students are also encouraged to carry out work experience in the community and in the school's Pit Stop Cafe and Fountains Cracking Eggs Company.
We have a variety of opportunities available with day to day supply work, in addition to more long term and permanent contracts available in the school.
- QTS or FE Teaching qualifications
- Experience working in a school or residential setting with children who have Special Educational Needs
- Calm and patient, nurturing personality
- Experienced managing challenging behaviour and implementing communication aids such as Makaton and PECS,
- Confident to implement and follow Individual Education Plans and be willing to contribute to Education, Health and Care Plans with the support of the class teacher
- Be willing to get involved in extra-curricular activities including residential trips into the community, lunchtime and after school clubs where necessary
- Experienced assisting and supporting students to develop independence through vocational studies such as hygiene, cooking, shopping and budgeting.
- Experience supporting pupils on a 1:1 and whole class basis, in addition to supporting with trips outside of the school grounds
- Team Teach training or other equivalent behaviour management training
For additional information, please contact Emma Gale as soon as possible!
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Special Educational Needs
- Secondary Teaching