** DEDICATED TO PROVIDING 1:1 PROFOUND SUPPORT
** EXPERIENCED WORKING WITH AUTISTIC CHILDREN
** SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
** EAGER TO EXTEND SEN EXPERIENCE
**PRIMARY SCHOOL - TA
* Experience with SEN - required
* Willing to work 1:1 with a child
* Dedicated to assisting an SEN child with their learning paths
* Immediate start -July 2018 (potential for next academic year to continue)
* Confident working with an Autistic child - knowledge of ASD
Working with an SEN pupil on a 1:1 basis who has ASD will require a candidate who has previous experience working with SEN children. This experience can be in various roles, not necessarily within a School setting, although this would be helpful as an understanding of EHCP's and behavioural methods could be advantageous.
As this position will require some background knowledge of working with an autistic child, it is vital that they understand the requirements they may have (behavioural, social, emotional support, specific learning styles).
In this SEN position a candidate will need to work alongside this child in KS2 and support them with their day to day classwork within the classroom. A Teaching Assistant who is motivated, dedicated and above all personable and supportive is what this Southwark Primary School is seeking.
As this child will need continuity, a candidate who can remain within the position, full time and until the end of the academic year is essential. It is important that this pupil's Teaching Assistant understands their specific needs, as they will need to be supported whilst on their educational path.
The SEN position available will offer a willing candidate an abundance of not only SEN experience, but in class experience also.
The Primary School has been a client of Academics for around 3 years and in that time have worked with numerous TA's and Teachers who have all enjoyed their time working there.
If you'd like to be considered and immediately shortlisted please send your CV to Becki at Academics. Interviews are being held immediately so an individual who has a DBS would be at an advantage over one that does not.
Please consider the following before applying:
- Do you have experience working with SEN?
- Are you confident supporting complex, challenging and sometimes disruptive behaviour?
- Would you be comfortable supporting 1:1 with this pupils?
- Can you start immediately?