“Within every living child exists the most precious bud of self-identity. To search this out and foster it with loving care; that is the essence of educating an autistic child”
Specialist Support Worker - Children with Autism
Do you have some experience in supporting a child or young person with autism or other special needs?
Salary: c£19,000 - £23,000 per annum (includes sleep in bonus c £2000.00 per annum) plus company benefits, free DBS, excellent quality training / induction and funding for Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare professional qualification! * PLEASE NOTE- THIS JOB REQUIRES STAFF TO SHARE THE ROTA TO SUPPORT CHILDREN WHO LIVE IN THE HOME ALL YEAR! THIS INCLUDES WEEKEND SHIFTS/SLEEP INS AND BANK HOLIDAY WORKING INCLUDED AS PART OF THE TEAM'S SHIFT PATTERN* YOU NEED TO BE A CAR DRIVER-ESSENTIAL!!!
Come and work for a company that still has that ‘family feel’ and will fully support your day to day role and your career pathway! My client reinvests all money back into services for children-come and be a part of this ethical approach to services for vulnerable children!
- You will support and engage positively with children aged 10- 18 years with moderate to profound learning needs and some challenging behaviours in a lovely, therapeutic Ofsted registered children's home!
- You will work closely with the therapeutic staff team under the guidance of the management team and be a key part of the children’s daily lives
- Interested in fun and sports activities? Help the children to enjoy many opportunities to have fun and explore the world around them!
- The children live in the home all year, so you will share the working rota you’re your other team members, working shifts on a rolling rota that will include earlies/lates/sleep ins and some weekend shifts
- You will provide a level of care as required, including element prompting, full prompting or full personal care
- You are a clear and patient communicator and caring with the ability to engage appropriately and sensitively with vulnerable children
- Perhaps you know Makaton /PECS or other diverse skills for children with different communication methods?
- You can provide structure, routines and consistency to children who need this in their lives to help prevent anxiety, stress and more challenging behaviours
- You are able to work in line with all children and young people’s placement care plans and risk assessments
- You are a car driver
- You have the personality and skills to help make a positive difference to a child’s life!
Recommended searches: Residential Childcare,SEN, Childcare, Support Worker, Learning Disabilities, Autism, ASC, Asperger’s, Special Needs, Children, Young People, Care, Sports, Instructor, Mentor, Activities, Psychology, Play Therapy.
My client is an equal opportunities employer and will gain suitable references and an enhanced DBS (criminal records check on the successful applicant.
Your privacy- Progress Lane is a recruitment consultancy that respects your right to privacy. Progress Lane considers it a legitimate and reasonable business interest to hold your personal data securely in order to communicate with you and assist you to apply for this job.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'