• As an SEN Learning Support Assistant, you will be responsible for providing support and guidance to children and young people within your class – ensuring they achieve their full learning potential.
• Using your previous experience of being an SEN Learning Support Assistant, you will need to identify situations and de-escalate them before the happen.
• The role of SEN Learning Support Assistant will require you to assist the teacher where needed, helping engage the children to the lesson and regain focus should it be necessary.
What you will need:
• Patience and to be able to provide consistency for the role.
• Previous experience of working with people with a statement of special needs
• Up-to-date, working knowledge and understanding of range of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies.
• A DBS on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one through Reed.
• Effective time management and good communication skills.
• Calming and nurturing manner.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Competitive pay rates
• 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
• The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
• Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
If you are interested in the role, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Reed Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business