Location: London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Type: Long term cover (option to go perm in the future)
Prospero Teaching are currently seeking an experienced Teacher to work with students with SLD / PMLD. The school is a secondary school and they will need you to teach Key stage 3 and 4.
We are looking for tenacious and hardworking individuals to work on a 1:1 basis, in small groups and supporting the whole class. You will need to assist with both the student's academic progress and their social communication skills.
You will be required to work 5 days a week.
The School are seeking someone with SEN experience and a range of other specific learning needs. They will also consider enthusiastic candidates who are interested in moving into an SEN setting, but may have limited experience.
If you are an enthusiastic practitioner, have excellent communication skills, and are committed to getting the very best out of each student you work with, then we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will:
* Have QTS
* Be experienced in SEN and Behavioural Difficulties/EAL
* Be able to use own initiative and work as part of a successful team
* Be able to maintain Health and Safety at all times
* Adhere to the school's ethos maintain a positive and welcoming atmosphere
* Be patient and caring manner
* Have good knowledge of ICT and well as good Maths and English skills
* Have a valid DBS certificate on the update service (or willing to complete one)
* Supporting students on a one to one basis in the classroom to ensure academic progress
* Liaising with both teachers and other Teaching Assistants to ensure the best care possible is being provided
* Liaising with external agencies where appropriate
* Understanding and working to the IEHP's of each student
We are seeking someone who is of a caring nature with an interest in assisting students with SEN. This is a very rewarding role which allows you to help students reach their full potential and support them in working towards their future aspirations.
You will also be exposed to confidential and sensitive information and you will need to be sensitive to this.
To be considered for this role you must be a motivated individual who is able to provide a supportive network to children and help promote a safe and happy learning environment.
Please note: CVs are valuable and important because they are your first and maybe only direct communication with a potential employer. Presentation is key. For this reason alone it should be carefully thought out, designed and written so that it makes an immediate positive impact on key decision makers. When a reader looks at your resume they should be able to quickly gain a clear indication of your experiences and potential.