SEN Teacher (ASD)
Starting after Easter
Pay depending on experience
An established ASD School based in the borough of Bexley, Kent is seeking an articulate teacher to join their friendly team in April. Ideally, the successful applicant will have a proven track record working in an SEN environment and experience working with Autism is required.
The successful applicant will be teaching pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) as well as Autism. Some of the children have additional medical and sensory needs as well as physical impairments. You will be teaching the Primary curriculum and adapting lessons catered to the class and individual's needs.
You will be working alongside two friendly learning support assistants (LSAs) who know the children and the school procedures and will help you get up to speed quickly.
The successful candidate will be flexible, with the ability to use their own initiative where required. Experience working in an SEN school or with ASD/SLD children would be an advantage, but the school are clear that they want a good teacher first and foremost - excellent training is available.
Progress with these pupils can be slow when compared to their contemporaries so patience, a caring nature, passion for the job and strong self-belief will be essential.
* Classroom management
* Planning, Preparing, Delivering and Marking
* Delivering effective lessons
* Monitoring the progress of the pupil's learning
Benefits to you
* Excellent rates of pay depending on experience
* Opportunity of a permanent contract with the school
* Work based in good area, Bexley, Kent
* Attractive rates of pay
* Specialise in delivering effective lessons
* Experience with challenging behaviour
* Strong communication skills
* Valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
* Available 5 days a week and able to commit
Please submit your CV today or contact Hannah Ferguson on or via email .
- SEND Teacher QTS PCGE Full Time Teaching Position Special Educational Needs and Disabilities PRU SEBD SEMH EBD Challenging Behavior Bromley Kent Hayes