We are supporting a Top 10 global accountancy practice in their search for experienced accounting professionals who are keen to continue their career within a growing and innovative outsourcing offering.
There are a handful of brand new opportunities at Semi Senior, Senior, Supervisor, Assistant Manager and Manager level. The details listed below are focused on the Semi Senior and Senior opportunities.
Your role would primarily involve working closely with and supporting senior members within the 20 strong London outsourcing team. Clients include sole traders, partnerships and limited companies (typical T/O £2-3m).
You would gain further experience in the preparation of accounts (management accounts and statutory accounts), as well as the preparation of complex VAT returns, tax computations and financial statements.
Duties will vary depending on the client’s needs, but could include: -
- Maintaining client records using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
- Processing transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis
- Prepare both management and statutory accounts for manager review
- Undertake financial close procedures e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, ledgers, preparation of journals and schedules
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Prepare VAT returns and tax computations
- Working within budgeting constraints and being aware of time spent on jobs
- Liaising with clients over the phone and via email
- Undertaking work on site with clients when required
- Attending relevant client events
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Update manager regularly with progress reports and delivers work accurately and promptly
- Efficiently deliver service in order to ensure best value for the client whilst maintaining quality
What experience do you need to be considered?
- You will be currently working in an accountancy practice environment and have experience in preparing both management and statutory accounts, VAT and TAX returns
- Experience of working within a outsourcing team would be a distinct advantage but this is not essential
- Experience of working with group/consolidated accounts is a bonus
- Up to date technical knowledge surrounding accounting standards
- Hold an accountancy qualification or be working towards one (AAT, ACCA preferred) - AAT and ACCA study support available
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting packages (Xero, Quickbooks, IRIS, Sage, Caseware)
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Passion for learning and developing both on a personal and professional level
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- Possess a commercial outlook with the ability to identify cross selling opportunities with clients
In return for your time and expertise you would receive an excellent CPD programme, outstanding benefits including flexitime, working from home options and a competitive salary.
Please note that House Recruitment is a recruitment consultancy who will contact suitable applicants within 7 working days of application.
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job