- SEMH Teaching Assistant
- £70+ per day
- Secondary SEMH School
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start After October Half Term
- OFSTED rated Outstanding
- Location: Tower Hamlets
Are you looking to pursue a career in Youth Work, Social Work and/or Youth Justice? Are you passionate about supporting young people from all backgrounds to succeed? Apply now to gain experience as an SEMH Teaching Assistant.
I am looking for an SEMH Teaching Assistant with excellent mentoring and rapport building skills to work in a challenging and diverse environment with a highly vulnerable cohort of pupils in Tower Hamlets. This secondary school supports pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This covers a wide range of needs and experiences ranging from trauma, neglect and sexual exploitation to challenging behaviour, drug use, anxiety and depression.
Working with most marginalised youth in Tower Hamlets, you will work alongside your team to create a thriving school community that successfully supports students in education and training. By encouraging high aspirations and building strong foundations, you will be a key player in supporting students to achieve their full potential.
Learning programmes and interventions are mostly bespoke and developed specifically for each student or a small group with similar needs. Literacy and Numeracy interventions are essential as many learners have fallen behind in key areas due to past disruptions to education. Although students are aged 14-19 years of age, their literacy and numeracy levels will often be much lower than this and require a patient and creative approach.
This Tower Hamlets school has a fantastic and constantly growing CPD programme available to the SEMH Teaching Assistant. Topics covered include differentiation, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Attachment and Trauma theory and its practical applications, Resilience and Mental Health First Aid, and Mindfulness and its application to Social and Emotional issues. For strong candidates, there will be opportunities to move into more senior roles as a Progress Mentor, providing targeted intervention 1:1 or in small groups and taking on more responsibility.
The SEMH Teaching Assistant will have:
- Education and training relelvant to work in schools
- Experience supporting young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Experience working in a school setting and managing challenging behaviour
- Strong Literacy and Numeracy skills to provide interventions
- The ability to track and monitor the progress of your students to ensure outcomes are achieved
- An understanding of societal inequalities and barriers to learning
- A genuine passion for supporting marginalised youth, patience and professionalism.
- Supporting students aged 14-19 years of age
- Capacity for over 400 students
- Supporting marginalised youth with SEMH needs
- Strong focus on increasing literacy and numeracy
- Strong focus on vocational links and sustained pathways into further education and training or employment
- OFSTED rated Outstanding
- Comprehensive CPD training for all staff
- Based in Tower Hamlets
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'