- SEMH Teaching Assistant
- Secondary SEMH School
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start in January
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Location: Barking and Dagenham
As an SEMH Teaching assistant, it is vital to understand three core principles: behaviour is a form of communication, children demonstrate challenging behaviour due to unmet needs, and it is crucial to maintain unconditional positive regard for the vulnerable young people you support.
If you are a confident, resilient and compassionate person who understand and can apply these principles, I am keen to speak with you. Applications are now open to join this unique and exciting SEMH School in Barking and Dagenham. Supporting pupils aged 11-16, the school team aim to give students the necessary skills to be successful in the next phase of their lives. There is a large focus on mainstream reintegration, but this could also be around transitions into further education and training.
The SEMH Teaching Assistant will provide personalised support to students, reducing barriers to learning and supporting pupils to succeed within the school's balanced curriculum. At this Barking and Dagenham School, pupils are challenged to succeed.
Experience as an SEMH Teaching Assistant at the school will be highly beneficial for those wanting to pursue a career in Youth Work, Counselling, Psychotherapy, Youth Justice and Clinical Psychology.
The SEMH Teaching Assistant role:
- Working with pupils aged 11-16 years old
- Fostering a safe and nurturing learning environment
- Listening to pupils concerns and encouraging them to take on responsibilities
- Supporting pupils towards mainstream re-integration or future training pathways
- Education and training relevant to working with SEMH pupils is highly desired
- Experience supporting pupils with challenging behaviour is essential
- A positive attitude and resilient nature is vital to long term success in this role
- Working across one of 3 sites based in Barking and Dagenham
- Specialist SEMH Setting for pupils aged 11-16 years of age
- Strong partnerships with parents nd
- Education and Training opportunities for staff to develop as SEMH specialists
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Based in Barking and Dagenham
What Academics can offer you:
- A dedicated recruitment consultant for the East London area
- A consultative and collaborative approach to recruitment - with a view to supporting you to achieve your career objectives
- Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
- Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
- A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
- An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Mentor
- Behaviour Mentor
- Social Emotional Mental Health
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'