It’s been a successful year for New Directions Education and their team of cover supervisors. We would love for you to experience and be part of a strong and dynamic team across the whole of Cheshire West, Halton and Warrington. The application process for 2017/18 is now open and we’re accepting CV’s and application from those wishing to be considered.
We take the role of cover supervisor seriously and take our time to ensure we carefully match our teachers, cover supervisors and teaching assistants with the schools and the students to which they engage with.
For those considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE placement.What will I have to do?
Our Cheshire West, Halton and Warrington secondary schools require cover supervisors to help step in and cover classes in the absence of the class teacher across key stages three, four and five. Due to the nature of the work, it is important you can engage students, have a sense of humour as well as a strong classroom presence, with excellent classroom and strong behaviour management skills.
Due to the short notice some schools provide, you must be adaptable and flexible to their needs and requirements, but there is the added benefit of not having to plan work as this will have already been set in the absence of the teacher but a good level of education and transferable skills are desirable.What qualifications or experience do I need?
This position of cover supervisor would suit someone who enjoys varying challenges across a wide range of settings and from varying demographic areas. The position would suit the following:
- graduates considering a career within education (with prior experience of working with children)
- retired teachers
- sports coaches
- members of the emergency services i.e. police, fire and ambulance
- care support staff
- youth workers and the probation service
- teaching assistants.
- a dedicated, former school leadership teacher who will advise and support you through each process
- a range of day-to-day, short and long-term as well as permanent roles
- flexible part or full-time work to fit around your existing study, lifestyle and existing commitments
- excellent and competitive daily (£52 - £70), weekly (£260 - £350) and GPS salaries
- free training relevant to the role and portable across all areas
- refer a colleague or friend bonus of £50 (uncapped)
- paid via PAYE and not an umbrella company (proportion of your salary)
- DBS at a cost of £44 (no administration fees)
- regular employment opportunities.
If this or a similar role interests you, please get in touch for more information and to arrange a simple and pain-free registration process.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of working or volunteering with children
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job