ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is looking for a Seasonal Logistics Driver to provide logistics support within the Facilities Management department. Main duties will involve driving a bus for visitor transport, maintaining and carrying out routine checks to a variety of vehicles including plant e.g., vans and trucks and promoting a high level of customer care. The role also includes the transportation of materials, animals, animal food, waste and assist with stores operations.
Position:Seasonal Logistics Driver
Contract: Seasonal, Full Time
Salary: £9.02 per hour, inclusive of allowances
Location: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The job holder will be required to be able to drive vehicles plant e.g. bus, vans and trucks.
- The job holder will be required to interact with visitors & guests by answering questions, making announcements and promote a high level of customer care.
- To assist with animal moves/collections both internally around site and externally to other zoo’s, animal collections and airports.
- To assist the stores with day to day duties especially when required.
- The job holder will be required to carry out lifting some heavy items as there is a large amount of manual handling required, this includes delivering/collecting items from internal and external locations.
- The job holder needs to carry out some routine health & safety inspections and record their findings.
- To ensure that ZSL’s tools and equipment are kept in good order and report any faulty tools or equipment to their line managers.
- The post holder will need to ensure that the vehicles are clean and tidy at all times - this will involve the post holder washing and cleaning vehicles.
- The post holder will also need to carry out other duties which are outside of their general duties, these will include but are not limited to assisting the Grounds teams with a variety of tasks and assisting setting up events or functions
- Previous experience or exposure to a logistical position.
- Post holder must hold a valid full UK drivers licence.
- Prior experience in the use of equipment and machinery (would be advantageous).
- Prior practical experience of working in amenity logistics, ideally in a zoo or visitor attraction (would be advantageous)
- Knowledge of health & safety, logistical and environmental legislation and best practice is essential.
- Able to carry out frequent manual handling tasks.
- The post holder should have excellent organisational skills.
- The post holder will have good communication skills (both written and orally) and be comfortable dealing with a wide range of stakeholders
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Please note: Working hours vary depending on the logistics section, and can include a 6am, 8am or 9am start. Candidates that do apply must be aware that the position will be physically demanding and will require flexibility with regards to working weekends and bank holidays. Due to the nature of the role the post holder will also need to able to work in a variety of conditions both indoors and outdoors.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Friday 6th April 2018
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.
- Manual Handling
- Full Driving Licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job