Scientific Software Consultant essential skills:
- Degree, MSc or PhD in Engineering, Maths, Physics, Computer Science or similar.
- Excellent academic results including mostly A grade A levels
- Development of scientific software using modern programming methodologies
- Good experience in a language such as C/C++, C#, JAVA, Fortran or
- Analysis tools such as R, Excel/VBA, Python or Matlab.
- Demonstrable excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills.
Scientific Software Consultant desirable skills
- Experience in a relevant industry
- Data processing or modelling approaches.
- Contemporary development tools (TFS/Visual Studio, Jira, Jenkins or Github)
- Deployment into cloud or virtualised environments.
- Formulating tools which undertake data analytics or processing
- Researching new engineering approaches and translating into prototypes.
- Architected software systems, applications or databases.
- Experience in safety critical industries being desirable.
This work spans a breadth of industries, a desire to be adaptable to these and to new tools and approaches is a must. The role covers the whole software development lifecycle, from customer liaison and requirements capture to project delivery and support.
Position: Scientific Software Consultant
Location: Burton upon Trent
Benefits: 25 days, holiday sale/purchase scheme, pension, targeted professional development, Life assurance, Private healthcare, Bonus, Paid membership fees to a professional institution, Support in attaining professional membership, Share purchase scheme, Flexible hours, Season rail ticket loan.
Key Skills: C/C++, C#, JAVA, Fortran, Python
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
If you don’t fit this requirement exactly but are degree qualified with significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting software engineers for electronics and technology companies throughout the UK.