Salary: £17k per annum plus benefits
Note: This role is suitable for Microbiology or Environmental Sciences Grads looking for their first scientific role.
Our client has asked us to find two Scientific Officer's to analyse and investigate results for a range of scientific work. Develop and maintain standard operating procedures ensuring that procedures are followed and notify other relevant employees when this has not been complied with.
In this role you will:
- Carry out laboratory analysis of water from a variety of sources and on occasions other matrices in strict adherence to analytical methods standard operating procedures.
- Analysis and investigation of results in conjunction with the Senior Scientists, Deputy Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Manager
- Develop, validate, review, update and implement standard operating procedures, for work undertaken in their area of responsibility, in conjunction with senior staff.
- Ensuring that procedures are followed routinely and departures or changes are brought to the attention of the Senior Scientific Officer, Deputy Laboratory Manager or Laboratory Manager
- Implementing all aspects of the Quality Management System and associated documentation and to notify Senior Scientists and/or Laboratory Manager of any departure from the Quality Management System and procedures so that reparation can be made.
- Undertake data entry using a Laboratory Information Management System
- Undertake training of scientific technicians
- To uphold and comply with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation and policies or procedures relating to Health & Safety at Work.
As the ideal person for this role you will have a Degree in an appropriate scientific discipline or combination of disciplines . Whilst no previous experience is required in a laboratory environment it would be desirable and hence a suitable job for a Graduate looking for his or her first scientific role.
If you have an attention to detail, an ability to follow procedures and to analyse data you will find this role suitable for you.
People who enjoy this role are proactive, resourceful, self-motivated, flexible, reliable and professional.
MAC Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
So, do our clients. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For further information call MAC Scientific on 0333-900-4300.