Growiing trust of secondary schools are looking for an experienced and qualified IT technician to work within their newly established school in North West London.
The technician will assist in the implementation and maintenance of the ICT systems, and their use in school and to be responsible for network software, working closely with the Network Manager. The role will also include working with lighting and sound equipment. The role will involve moving and carrying equipment so the ideal candidate will need to be in good physical health.
This role is on a supply basis for the time being but very likely be long term in the near future. The candidate will need to have a DBS and experience working within a school desirable
- To carry out daily checks of computer rooms monitoring PCs, printers, and projectors.
- To install, maintain and support PCs and laptops in terms of hardware.
- To install, update and support software of PCs and laptops both standalone and across the network.
- Printer maintenance, troubleshooting and repair including replacing consumables (paper, ink, toner etc.) This will include a degree of lifting and moving technical equipment.
- General user support to both staff and pupils, including the use of ICT equipment and software packages.
- To loan ICT equipment such as digital cameras, digital video cameras, and projectors. Uploading the data as required and monitoring its whereabouts
- To copy media such as DVDs, CDs and videos. Appropriately editing and reproducing digital video camera footage when required.
- To maintain and support the network connectivity of PCs, laptops and printers for both wired and wireless connections.
- Server and Network administration of print queues, print quotas, user accounts, passwords, network home directories, plus restore of user data from server backup.
- To assist the reprographics technician as required.
- To liaise with and support key Heads of Department in the set-up of lighting and AV equipment necessary for school performances
- To liaise with and support teaching and non-teaching staff in relation to use of AV equipment in the hall
- Knowledge of internet phone systems, Citirx and Cisco
- Secondary School
- Technical Support
- School Systems