Your New School
School working in a Buxton is looking for an experienced School Administrator. This role doesn't require you to have worked previously in a school setting but it is essential that you have a current DBS which is registered on the Update Service.The right candidate will also need to be proficient in Microsoft systems and other school systems to be successful within the school administration teams for the academic term. The role will include normal office hours, (Mon-Fri) 9am-2pm and will be covering sick leave for a minimum of 2 months.
Your New Role
You'll be working alongside the office manager and be based in the school office, assisting with and completing system and administration tasks, answering parent queries, recording all data onto the school based system, signing in parents for visits and looking after the general welfare of the pupils.
- Provide School administrative support for the school and teaching staff
- Respond and deal with administration queries regarding the school based systems
- Answer any questions and queries from parents and guardians
- Be DBS cleared and hold a current up to date DBS
- Collect daily registers from teaching staff
- Monitor and update staff and pupil absence daily
- Meet and greet all visitors and stakeholders at the main reception
- Monitor the school mail box
- Support the pastoral care for children, especially those that are vulnerable
- Provide first aid as and when required
- Uphold and drive the school's long term vision and provide an excellent service to all school contacts, both internally and externally
What you'll need to succeed:
You'll be confident with different IT systems and be able to multitask across a number of other school administration systems as well as confidence dealing with all levels of the school hierarchy.
What you'll get in return:
A chance to work in an exciting and busy school environment, which offers the opportunity to work with pupils and directly with your school office manager, with the high potential to advance to a more senior and permanent role.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Natalie at the Sheffield office on to discuss this role and others further!