Satellite Data Analytics Engineer - Matlab, Python, London
My client are truly world leading telecoms players. They can offer a first class career in an incredible state of the art satellite telecoms environment. With new offices in the heart of London and a full benefits package and strong bonus too this is an amazing opportunity.
We are seeking a Satellite resource engineer. Someone with a strong Maths, Physics or Computer science b/ground who has exceptional computer skills, particularly scripting and analytical skills. We are looking for python, matlab experience. You might be someone from a heavy educational background, without commercial telecoms experience. It would be great if you have some telecoms or satellite exposure.
Primary role purpose:
Evaluate and optimise satellite traffic carrying capacity to minimise interference and congestion and maximise revenues.
This is a high profile engineering role serving demanding and technically informed customers. Our satellite resource management engineers need to be comfortable in a dynamic, high-energy environment and willing to drive effective solutions and develop deep technical knowledge in many areas including data analytics and visualisation, traffic analysis, radio interference management, satellite communications systems engineering and resource planning.
The impact of this role touches many areas of decision making and operational policy in. Negotiation and interaction with commercial planning, network engineering frequency coordination and business development also play a part.
The successful applicant will join the Frequency Planning team and undertake responsibilities in the following areas:
- Drive the analysis, planning, execution and delivery of traffic plans and satellite payload configurations to support portfolio of satellite services.
- Work collaboratively and support the frequency planners and RAN network engineers in the troubleshooting of service affecting incidents on the network.
- Work with product engineers working on new services to analyse their detailed requirements and impacts to the network and drive their definition and operational feasibility.
- Provide analysis, advice and direction regarding radio link quality, traffic capacity, satellite loading and spare capacity, spectrum yield.
- Develop plans and ad-hoc reports to support and monitor traffic affecting events including news events, network contingencies and service reconfigurations.
- Report on a monthly and quarterly basis the Network Key Performance Indicators, and the Satellite network traffic for all the family of Services.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- A university degree (or equivalent) in a maths, computer science, engineering or physics with a strong emphasis on applied numerical skills.
- Proven presentation and negotiation skills with exemplary written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills and, in particular, scripting language programming experience (Python, R, Matlab or similar)
- Knowledge of Unix operating systems and familiarity with Database environments.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Master's Degree in Communications Engineering, preferably Satellite Communications.
- Practical experience in terrestrial or satellite wireless engineering
- Knowledge of mobile communications systems (GSM, GPRS, UMTS, LTE etc.)
- Experience in FSS, BSS or MSS satellite communications system design
- Strong track record of individual technical achievement and managing complexity.
- Relevant work in mission-critical, real-time operational engineering.
- Experience in data analytics and data visualisation tools: Tableau, Alterix, etc.
Knowledge and familiarity with Big Data Platforms and technologies: Hadoop, Spark and Hive.
- matlab python analytics maths physices engineering GSM telecoms satellite