The Sales Ledger Administrator is responsible for ensuring that cash received from customers is allocated against the outstanding invoices for all NCC Group companies in the UK. The successful candidate will also be responsible for resolving internal and external payment queries, administering journals and processing client refunds as and when applicable. This role is integral to ensuring NCC Group manages its cash allocation and requires attention to detail, initiative to manage your own workload and strong communication skills. The Sales Ledger Administrator will also be responsible for distributing the incoming post and processing the outgoing post.
- On a daily basis, ensure cash receipts are allocated accurately against the outstanding invoices as per the customer remittances.
- Print and file incoming remittance advices (daily).
- Process refunds as and when applicable.
- Distribute the incoming post and process the outgoing post (daily).
- Ensure invoices from the contracts/invoicing teams are distributed to the relevant credit controllers.
- Administer Journals - match credits/cash and invoices.
- Administer credit card payments to Company standards.
- Provide high level of customer service with internal and external clients and resolve payment queries in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for adhering to all internal policy and procedures in relation to security best practice.
- Credit Control support as and when required.
Internal engagement responsibilities
- Attend internal meetings as and when required.
- Manage payment queries within the Credit Control inbox.
- Assist Credit Controllers as applicable.
Client engagement responsibilities
- Ensure all payment queries are processed efficiently.
- Issue refunds as soon as possible for NCC Group clients.
Essential role requirements
- Attention to detail
- Proven communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Demonstrable organisation skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team.
- Processing transactions in a credit control or sales ledger accounts system
- Using bank online systems for review of transactions and downloading statements
- Managing multiple bank accounts and foreign currencies
- Cash Management
- Communication Skills
- Sales Ledger