An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this forward thinking business, based in Letchworth.
The overall purpose of the role is to manage a portfolio of predominantly overseas customers: (Retailers/Wholesalers/Traders), building relationships to help facilitate trading opportunities, with the ultimate aim of maximising profit. Carrying out business development activity to identify and secure new customers and suppliers, helping to increase the profitability of your portfolio.
- To be the Relationship Manager of a portfolio of overseas customers, ensuring that excellent standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Trading products all over the world, including buying, completing back to back deals with customers, organising freight, and producing shipping documents (a 'full circle’ process).
- Dealing with product / new business enquiries, and processing sales orders received via telephone, skype or by email. e.g. providing quotes, stock availability and pricing information, upselling/cross-selling products, and converting new business leads into sales.
- Using a worldwide base of suppliers to source and create offers, helping to generate sales.
- To ensure systems are maintained regarding deliveries, collections, invoicing.
- To liaise with the Warehouse Operations Manager and/or Assistant Warehouse Manager with regard to any stock/returns issues.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and responsibility of the post as instructed by your Line Manager or Company Director(s).
Hours: Normal hours of business are 09:00 to 17:30 (Weds 18:00).
Leave: 20 days per annum plus any days taken in conjunction with bank holidays; plus an extra days leave for each year of service up to a maximum of 25 days per annum.
GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above (or equivalent)
At least 12 months’ experience of sales and/or buying
Experience of dealing with customers
Ability to work without direct supervision
Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise workloads
Excellent organisational and time management skills
Excellent Customer Service skills
Ability and confidence to make independent decisions
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to use initiative
Basic computer literacy
Good numeracy skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Good interpersonal skills to relate to staff at all levels
Ability to work in a team
Experience of working with Mamut accounting system or similar
Experience of trading worldwide
Sector product knowledge
- Business Development
- Building Relationships