techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. 900 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 800,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
techUK is committed to helping its members grow, by:
- Developing markets
- Developing relationships and networks
- Reducing business costs
- Reducing business risks
techUK has strong member representation across a broad range of tech markets and strives to be at the forefront of thinking about the key commercial, policy and regulatory factors shaping the sector. techUK provides technology industry leadership across private and public sector programmes representing organisations as across global corporates, SMEs and Start-Ups.
The Sales Executive will work closely with the business development sales manager and the programme delivery teams to sell techUK’s programmes and services to prospective members. Fundamental to the role is the ability to quickly get to grips with complex issues, put them into a wider context and determine how best to sell the techUK value proposition to prospects.
The person appointed is expected to show capability and potential to build on a strong foundation of solid programme content, strong member engagement, and good external reputational and stakeholder relationships. He/She will need to have, or a propensity to develop quickly, a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges in selling the techUK value proposition.
This role requires someone who has the communication skills, confidence and drive to grow their own profile and that of techUK. The role is target driven, working towards monthly, quarterly and annual fiscal targets.
This is a full-time role based at techUK’s central London office.
- Collaboration and Sales Leadership: Working with the sales manager, heads of programmes and business services teams to identify prospects by programme and shape approaches for large and small member prospecting, utilising personalised value proposition development.
- Prospecting: Manage prospecting activities, identifying sales targets in line with private and public sector programmes. Build an activity planner, covering identification, approach, contact, meetings, proposals and closure.
- Pipeline management and Reporting: Develop and maintain weekly CRM records that are searchable and usable from a dynamic ongoing prospecting perspective. Produce weekly and monthly sales reports detailing activity progress and monthly, quarterly and fiscal sales achievement forecasts.
- techUK Representation: attend techUK and industry events, conferences (locally and nationally) to build contacts and networks and promote the techUK value proposition to prospective new members.
- On boarding: Complete accurate new member records on membership contractual paperwork for new joiners. Take responsibility to set up familiarisation meetings to ensure that new members can quickly take advantage of the value of membership. Retain close contact with new members during their first 6 months of membership to ensure high satisfaction ratings, feeding back on any areas that require techUK action/ improvement.
- Output oriented with a track record of delivery.
- Numerate, comfortable working with and analysing data.
- A strong team player, committed to helping colleagues achieve their goals.
- Ability to work quickly to deadline delivering high quality outputs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. The individual must have the ability to craft insightful sales pitches and proposals for qualitative and quantitative sales projects.
- Strong personal and professional integrity required to develop and maintain trust and represent the sector.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Strong and demonstrable sales execution experience.
- Experience of working in high performance sales environments.
- A knowledge of and interest in the technology sector.
- Experience in sales planning, reporting and measurement.
- Experience of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and is comfortable working with senior individuals in Industry and within government.
- Capability to use the tools and technologies techUK provides, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, CRM, Social Media, Web tools and home working software.
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the technology industry landscape and the positioning and role of trade bodies.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
- IT Sales
- Sales Executive
- Sales Team