Salary: Competetive Salary Package
Industry: ValvesJob purpose
A vacancy has arisen for an External Sales person to carry out sales duties in the territory of the United Kingdom and Ireland. The job role is to nurture the existing customer base and to grow this base in existing markets and to look for new markets potential.
A highly innovative premium supplier of valve safety and operation products in (petro) chemical, oil & gas and energy industries. Furthermore developing several other unique safety and operation products in key areas like Valve Position Indication, Partial Stroke Testing and Valve Operation.
In order to meet its ambitious growth agenda a strategic focus has been adopted on key industry segments, service excellence and a differentiated product offering. In line with these strategic goals, this role is introduced to intensify segment focus and create strong local presence for the development of its petrochemical and refinery business in the UK. Our sales approach is value based and putting the needs of our customer central in our approach to deliver solutions to matter to them and create value for safety, reliability or efficiency gains.
The account manager is responsible for sales and marketing of all products in the United Kingdom. He/she is the main point of contact for a portfolio of industrial end users, channel partners, OEM accounts and EPC contractors. The person will work closely with the inside sales teams and the local partners in the territory and is fully responsible for expanding the market and achieving sales targets in a high growth business targeting the oil & gas, (petro)chemical, tank storage and refinery markets. Extensive travel is part of the job.
Desired Candidate Profile
A minimum of 7 years' experience in a technical environment, related to or active in the oil & gas, petrochemical or process industries and a minimum of 5 years' experience in marketing / sales or business development. Up to a bachelor degree (e.g. Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent). Furthermore, the account manager is familiar with managing agent(s), developing sales plans and implementing new concepts. The person will travel frequently throughout the region.
- The candidate should be capable of planning short as well as long term strategies to enhance marketing /sales for different customer groups.
- Develop and grow long-term relationships with customers and channel partners.
- The candidate must have a growth mindset and target oriented.
- Be flexible, opportunistic and adapt quick to changes in the market.
- Developing new clients for the products in order to maximize customer potential across the territory; travelling regularly to visit potential clients.
- Having strong verbal & written communication skills with the ability to engage in value focused engagement with our clients in our to satisfy their needs to make their business safer, more reliable and/or more efficient;
Duties and responsibilities
- Formulate a strategic sales & marketing plan for the territory including segment and key account plans based on value add selling.
- Strategize and identify new business opportunities and necessity for product developments of existing ranges.
- Increase the market presence in terms of coverage & market penetration through channel partners for different product groups and/or segments and industries.
- Liaison with consultants and clients to secure approvals for technical and commercial aspects.
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Meeting regular sales targets.
- Give technical and sales presentations for customers, prospects and other sales channels.
- The candidate must be able to work relatively independently, but also collaborate with the sales back office.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed fit by the management in line/ pertaining with the targeted business activity, shall also be undertaken.
This position offers the opportunity to join an ambitious and leading company with a strong focus on growth. Our team is international, diverse and consists of highly enthusiastic and dedicated professionals. We like to improve the safety at our customers sites. Further career opportunities are possible and training and personal development opportunities are available.