Our Alarm, Monitoring and Control Systems group, specifies, designs, implements, tests and delivers Platform Management Systems and other safety-related electronic maritime systems, into the Defence marketplace. As the Safety Engineer your role is to carry out safety engineering analysis of control systems as part of an overall BS EN 61508 design safety process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out functional safety activities with both internal and customer design teams
- Providing support to Engineering teams on safety-related design topics
- Working with Safety Managers to provide evidence for design safety assurance
- Produce technical documentation to a high standard in accordance with company/customer procedures
- To travel to customer and sub-contractor sites in the UK, occasionally overseas, as required.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a safety-related engineering environment
- Understanding of demonstration of compliance to international standards and client specifications
- Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
- Experience in some areas safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Reliability Block Diagrams
- Ability to relate to a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. systems, hardware, software and ILS engineers, project management, customer and supplier engineering teams)
- Degree, HND, HNC in Electrical/Electronic/Control/Software/Systems Engineering or related discipline
- UK Eyes Only Security Clearance required - Sole British Citizens Only
- Familiarity with the formal safety requirements of BS EN 61508 and SIL analysis
- Experience of ship's machinery control systems, Commercial or Military Maritime engineering
- Safety requirements capture and negotiation
- PLC Code Development to IEC61131 - Ladder and Function Block - Desirable
- HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
- Knowledge of formal Validation and Verification processes
- Integration, Test and Fault Diagnosis on complex PLC based systems
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'