Global US Organisation urgently requires an experienced Revenue Recognition Accountant, to join their team on a temporary assignment.
Duties of the Revenue Recognition Accountant include:
- Support the team in reviewing Deal Contracts - identifying the terms & conditions, and analysing same for potential revenue recognition impacts
- Documenting the Deal review outcome in accordance with Company process and procedures, and preparing journals for identified adjustments.
- Monitor and update "Project status" and Revenue Log to ensure proper accounting and accurate revenue timing
- Actively support / partake in Financial Periods activities to ensure that all deliverables are met within schedule - a requirement to ensure The Company's Financial Report is accurate and timely - Quarter-ends & Year-Ends.
- Provide Support to both the internal and External Auditors - by providing clarity on audit queries and the supporting documents
- Support and promote healthy interaction with cross-functional departments - Sales, Legal, Order Management, Credit Control, Professional Services group, etc.
- Participate in projects by executing assigned task and meeting deliverables within set timelines - including UAT as the need arises.
- Take on adhoc tasks that may be assigned by the Manager from time-to-time.
?Skills for the Revenue Recognition Accountant:
- Experience in Revenue Recognition in the High-Tech Industry
- Ability to work independently and make good financial decisions with ease
- Excellent communication skills are required as well as strategic and variable problem solving abilities.
- Must have self-motivation, analytic aptitude and exceptional multitasking ability
- Desire to work in a challenging environment is a prerequisite
- Advanced excel/ spreadsheet skills
- Experience working with SAP
- Knowledge of US GAAP is an advantage