Frederick’s Ice Cream Parlour: Manager
Position : Store Manager
Location : WIGAN, GreaterManchester
THIS POSITION REQUIRES FLEXIBILITY TO WORK ALL HOURS INCLUDING EVENING & WEEKENDS
Frederick’s is a fast paced, high energy, vibrant Ice Cream Parlour & Café with Events Calender.
We are currently looking for Store Managers to join us in our Wigan Store.
Hrs: 28hrs per week low season/36hrs per week high season. Pay rates between £8.80 per hr - £12.00 per hr.
This role will require energy, confidence and flexibility. You must be honest, reliable, dedicated, self-motivated and have a passion for delivering the best customer service experience (as well as having a love of Ice Cream!)
Being a Manager is all about creating the best possible family leisure experience, we can do this with the support and dedication of the people that work here.
You will need to be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people. You should be friendly & courteous, and a helpful attitude should come naturally to you.
Working as a part of team is vital! Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must.
You also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness.
You will be able to show managerial skills and be able to confidently lead a team, guide, motivate & support staff.
This is a full time permanent role that will see you working shift patterns that include evenings and weekends.
Full training will be provided , but previous experience in a similar role within the fast food or catering industry is essential*and you will need to be experienced specifically in a fast-paced, high volume, retail/food service environment; to a *managerial level!
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Opening & Closing the shop, keeping all relative paperwork and records up to date, ordering & managing stock, Cash Handling, Preparing & delivering Menu Orders. Reviewing the shops performance and developing ideas to boost sales.
- Experience in outside catering/events would be an advantage.
- Keeping the shop spotlessly clean and offering a warm welcome to our customers old and new.
- Complying with Food & Hygiene procedures as well as Health & Safety Requirements.
- Be honest, reliable and trustworthy
- A valid Food Hygiene certificate is essential
- Display leadership and role model customer focused behaviours and act on Frederick’s values
- Guide the team to welcome, deliver a personalised service and connect with your customers. Prepare orders with care and attention to detail, - giving your customers gold standard every time they visit
- Make it genuine - lead by example, smile, use eye contact and body language that is enthusiastic and energetic. Be supportive and treat all customers and colleagues with courtesy and respect. Answer customer queries confidently and professionally and keep up-to-date with knowledge on our food, ice cream, menus and work with Directors to create site specific promotions
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales and management: 1 year minimum
Benefits to include: Competitive Salary, Starting point of 28 days leave each year, Access to high street discounts and promotions, discounted Gym memberships, Excellent training and development opportunities, Access to company Pension Scheme, Uniform & Extra Shift Pay.
Start date: April 2018 - Successful applicants will be subject to references & a 3 month trial period.
Click Apply now to send your CV along with a covering letter (no more than 800 words) detailing why you are suitable for this position.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 26th March 2018
Site Visits commencing: Tuesday 27th March 2018 by appointment
Interviews week commencing: Tuesday 3rd April 2018 by arrangement
- Food Service
- Retail management