Our client has an exciting and a somewhat rare opportunity for the right candidate who, if successful, will be joining their Retail Credit Risk team here in London.
The Retail Credit Risk Team sit inside our clients Credit Risk Team and the majority of their work is firm facing which includes some on-site reviews. This role will have a focus on (but is not limited to) risk management, new business and arrears management, impairments, MI and governance. The team are recognised throughout as experts in retail credit and broader macro considerations, Mortgages, Buy to Lets, household lending market and indebtedness.
The role of the Senior Credit Risk Associate will include a detailed level of Portfolio Risk Management, mortgages, both secured and unsecured personal loans, credit cards etc. Having strong people management skills is a distinct advantage for this opportunity given you will be developing the existing team, ensuring their career development and objectives are reached on an on-going basis.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of both Secured and Unsecured lending however having experience in both is not a must have
- Experience of SME lending will be a distinct advantage
- You must be comfortable in dealing with complex business cases and be confident in your approach to recommending credit risk strategies - this will often involve writing & presenting technical papers to senior management
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years experience at a senior level of understanding and implementing the credit risk cycle for retail products
- Experience of collections and recoveries reporting (Roll Rate Analysis)
- Previous experience of Basel III/CRD IV concepts of PD, LGD, EAD, etc. as they relate to estimating and stress testing loss rates for credit portfolios.
- It is of paramount importance that the successful candidate will be required to assess complex strategies and performance information from firms, determining how their portfolios benchmark against each other using a variety of risk metrics. This is a critical skill that the job holder must have gained over several years of portfolio analysis.
- You must have solid experience of SAS, SQL and Excel.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.