Our retail teams are at the front line of raising the funds we need, to deliver our cause, whilst delivering an exceptional service for our visitors. As well having an array of stunning product ranges, we partner with local craft artisans, to support the sales of unique and local products, which really capture the spirit of our special places.
This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business.
What it's like to work here
Set in the heart of the stunning Northumberland landscape, Cragside is a unique place to work. Here William Armstrong, the brilliant engineer and manufacturer, built a wonder of the Victorian age. Here he created artificial lakes, generated his own hydro-power, pioneered electric lighting, installed telephone systems and built a world of experimentation and innovation that inspired the way we live today.
We carry this ethos into the 21st Century - developing and implementing experimental and innovative ways to bring Cragside to life for today’s visitor. Just as Armstrong’s vision was brought to fruition through creative collaboration, today a multi-disciplinary team works to look after the place in a way that makes it enjoyable and relevant to our visitors, allowing them to connect with it on an emotional level too.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of our products, so you’re always on hand to help, and by ensuring that all stock is correctly priced and the shop is maintained to a high standard.
As a key member of our retail team, you’ll maximise the profit and sales generated at our special place, by ensuring that every opportunity is taken to increase our sales and average customer spend. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing, and what their money is funding - whether this is financing local projects or promoting our national strategy, cause and membership offer.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Have clear communication skills
- Can easily identify with customer needs
- Take pride on delivering excellent customer service
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Some cash handling experience
- Good eye for detail
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job