We are looking for a passionate Residential Support Workers living close to the Kendal area of Cumbria. We are also looking for Seniors and Team Leaders. All candidates will need to be a car driver.
You will be joining a Children’s Residential School who provide specialist care and support to Children & Younger Adults aged 9-17 with social and emotional challenges that can sometimes affect their behaviour.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a home that helps the young people they support achieve their full potential. You would offer guidance and support to help the young people develop life skills, promote independence and prepare for adulthood. Every child deserves the chance of education, to be kept safe and to achieve in life. We are looking for a Support Worker who can inspire and motivate the young people to be the best they can be.
Do you have any work experience or personal experience of working with children with a learning disabilities, challenging behaviours or mental health conditions?
- £17,000 - £24,000 per annum DOE plus sleep-in allowance;
- Full-time hours;
- Days, nights and sleepovers, 12-hour shifts;
- Usual shifts are between 8am -10:30pm or can do an early or a late;
- 2 weekends a month;
- Refer a friend scheme, 280 hours holiday and pension.
- Opportunity to gain level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce.
What experience will you need?
- It is essential that you have experience with working with children/ adults with Learning disabilities or challenging behaviour.
- You will ideally hold Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce;
- You will also have a full driving licence and be able to drive a manual vehicle;
- You will ideally be over the age of 21.
Above all, you will be a positive, enthusiastic person with a passion to change a young person’s future for the better. This is a very rewarding job however it can be challenging, but with your time and support you’ll see these children grow from strength to strength and you’ll be like family.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.
This job is commutable from Kendal (20mins), Milnthorpe (9mins), Grange-Over-Sands (21mins), Kirkby Lonsdale (20mins) and surrounding areas.
- Health Care
- Social Care
- Support Worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'