Location: Garden House, Wickham
About our Organisation:
Fair Ways is an expanding, dynamic charity that strongly believes in providing opportunities for people to meet their full potential. Fair Ways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and families and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
About our exciting Opportunity:
We are looking to recruit zero hour’s bank staff to support our fantastic team of permanent staff within our residential children’s home based on the outskirts of Southampton and Fareham. As a bank staff member you are able to select (from the available shifts) hours that work around your schedule. Fair Ways bank staff play a key part in our organisation and are truly valued and appreciated as part of our Fair Ways family. Shifts can cover days, evenings and weekends and potential sleep in’s with substantial shift enhancements offered.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
About our specialist service:
Garden House will accommodate up to 6 children aged between 7 and 14 and the focus will be to provide an enriching and positive environment and to ensure we prepare the children in our care to move onto safe and nurturing foster care placements which will be achieved through early intervention. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated, hard-working professionals. As part of this team you will share responsibility for the running of the home supporting young people to develop a range of life skills. You will report to an experienced management team whilst mentoring and educating children and young people who can display challenging behaviour.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- As part of our team, you will deliver the highest standards of care, protection and support to our young people.
- Interacting with the children and young people and managing complex behaviour;
- Key working (positive role modelling and guiding);
- Recording and reporting appropriately using the correct systems to escalate safeguarding concerns.
- Attending training and meetings, including interaction with the wider team.
- Cleaning, cooking, maintaining the home and being involved in lots of exciting adventures and activities and much much more!!!
Applicants will ideally possess the following personal skills:
- Positive and motivated with excellent communication skills helping to guide our young people with general life skills.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to the task and be resilient under pressure.
- Previous experience of working with young people and/or adults with health/social care/educational needs is highly desirable.
- A Level 3 qualification in childcare/social care is a plus, but not essential.
Fair Ways offer a selection of fantastic rewards for our staff including: Employee Assistance Programme, Health Care Scheme*, Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*, Service based additional annual Leave accrual, Bespoke training department, Education Grant Scheme*, Future Leaders Programme*, Staff Lottery
*Subject to qualifying period
Interested in the vacancy? Apply today! We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'