Location: Birch Grove, Brecon
Who are Fair Ways and what do we stand for?
Fair Ways is a great place to work. We are a team. We care about each other and are all committed to making a change to the lives of the young people and service users in our care. We will not apologise for calling our staff great, the best, or world-class. Our staff are at the core of our organisation and we celebrate them by shouting it from the rooftops!
Where and when do we need you?
We are looking to recruit zero hour’s bank staff to support our fantastic team of permanent staff within our residential children’s home based in Brecon. As a bank staff member you are able to select (from the available shifts) hours that work around your schedule. Fair Ways bank staff play a key part in our organisation and are truly valued and appreciated as part of our Fair Ways family. Shifts can cover days, evenings and weekends and potential sleep in’s with substantial shift enhancements offered.
You could be involved in exciting things like:
- Delivering the highest standards of care, protection and support to our young people.
- Interacting with the children and young people and managing complex behaviour;
- Key working (positive role modelling and guiding);
- Recording and reporting appropriately using the correct systems to escalate safeguarding concerns.
- Attending training and meetings, including interaction with the wider team.
- Being involved in lots of exciting adventures and activities and much much more!!
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
Desirable…. but not Essential
Whilst we value the knowledge and understanding that experience and qualifications can bring we also know that some of our best people have come to us from unrelated backgrounds. These people already held our core values at heart, and with the dedication of our amazing in house training and development team, we have supported the rest!
- Previous experience of working with young people and/or adults with health/social care/educational needs
- A Level 3 qualification in childcare/social care
Let us look after you!
Looking after our employees is important to us, and whilst our culture is central to our identity, we also offer a great set of benefits to ensure we are striving to provide the best support to our employees available in the sector.
- Free Staff lotteries (including prizes such as £1000 holiday vouchers, weekends away, theatre breaks, luxury hampers and vouchers)
- Holiday Accrual Scheme and additional Holiday Purchase (up to 5 days)
- Health Shield (Health cash plan)
- Employee Assistance Scheme (Application based emergency financial assistance for employees)
- Education Grant – (funding up to master’s level accreditation)
- Fair Pay Panel (The opportunity to showcase your hard work potentially resulting in 2 pay rises per year!)
- Wellbeing Initiatives - Team Building Days, Summer Festival, Wellbeing boxes
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 counselling service)
- Highstreet discount platform, Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Leadership Courses
- Free Parking
- Annual Staff Awards/ Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Eligibility for a Blue Light Card
- £1000 Refer a Friend Scheme
- £250 Refer a Foster Carer Scheme
- £1000 Welcome Bonus for eligible roles
Find your happy place – we can’t wait to meet you!
Apply today and be a PART of something amazing - We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'